Current Page: 6 of 6
Re: Middle v Leicestershire 14-17 May 2019
Posted by: chunkyinargyll (IP Logged)
Date: 21 May, 2019 06:41

Quote:
adelaide
Quote:
Seaxe_man1
He is on a season long loan at Derby. For which I imagine they paid Mx a fee.

So he only played for us because they didn't have a game.

Adelaide

It was in the deal we could recall him in an injury crisis, and there was one. It was just a fortunate coincidence Derbyshire didn't have a game.

Tom Lace has the potential to be the only person to play fifteen championship games this season!

We had to recall him, because what would have happened if one of Robson, Gubbins, Eskimazi, Holden, Scott or Simpson had woken up on Tuesday morning with a bad back or something. And I suppose once recalled, he had to play (although the team I named on post one would have been adequate)

Posted by: Seaxe_man1 (IP Logged)
Date: 21 May, 2019 09:38

The alternative chunky was Robbie White but I think that would have left Essex without a fit keeper. Whilst last week was convenient. I don't think we expected to disrupt Tom Lace's loan deal when it was made.

Posted by: Seaxe_man1 (IP Logged)
Date: 21 May, 2019 09:40

Also chunky. 13 games. Can't play v mx. I believe.

Posted by: chunkyinargyll (IP Logged)
Date: 21 May, 2019 14:34

Drat.

Didn't think of that.

Would have made a good quiz question in years to come.

Current Page: 6 of 6
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net