The Long and winding Room
Posted by: Middlesex till we die (IP Logged)
Date: 03 February, 2020 10:06

What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2020 19:36 by London Leprechaun.

Re: The Long and winding Room
Posted by: BeefyRoberts (IP Logged)
Date: 03 February, 2020 10:59

Just to add,Mike Gatting also in attendance.
Found out Max Holden is a rather good chef,as he said he does a rather good Sunday lunch at the Edgeware players house. (That's what he said!)
Jules took a lot of pics to record the event.
Must admit,it was a rather relaxed afternoon.
The Law Man did say he wants to see 11 captains out on the field this coming season,and said Peter Handscomb is a very competitive person,not just on the field,and wants to win all the time.

Posted by: BarmierKev (IP Logged)
Date: 03 February, 2020 11:05

Thanks for sharing Beefy. Perhaps I should have turned up but was put off by price and dress code.

Also in Q&A I may have said something inappropriate about T100.

Posted by: BeefyRoberts (IP Logged)
Date: 03 February, 2020 12:50

The lunch was served 'buffet style' table by table invited to be served.
The choices being Lamb or Veg Hot Pot,along with a sweet of fruit cocktail or Pear/Plum crumble,my choice of the crumble was good,all in individual dishes with a warm,tasty vanilla custard.
There was an empty plate at each of our table seats.
The guy my left,Dev or Deb was his name was a 5 yr member,and was very happy to get presented with his badge.He knows about our website,and he also purchased one of the 'love cricket,hate the 100' polo shirts once he saw the picture of shirt.He does read the website,and tried to get him to log on to post,hope you do if reading this!
The 1** thing was mentioned 2 or 3 times,with a hiss from our table!
Must admit,if the stewards were not at the entrance,I would of taken a picture of the painting of my cricket all-time hero,the great Sir IVA Richards,but they wouldnt shift!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2020 14:05 by BeefyRoberts.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net