Remember 2016
Posted by: London Leprechaun (IP Logged)
Date: 25 March, 2020 09:47

Hallo everyone. Seeing that Sky are replaying the Championship decider from last year, reminded me that I have the entire Middlesex v Yorkshire match from 2016 on my DVD player. I'm going to watch it all again! But if anyone would like me to put the match (or just one day) on DVD and send to you to enjoy again, please send me a private message. No charge, but maybe donate to charity or buy something nice for a neighbour!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2020 14:19 by London Leprechaun.

Re: Remember 2016
Posted by: JoshieGreen54 (IP Logged)
Date: 25 March, 2020 14:34

Those were the days!

JG54

Posted by: tallliman (IP Logged)
Date: 25 March, 2020 18:35

That whole season just felt special, players kept popping up at the right time to make a difference to a result. Eski coming in with 2 tons, the Toby and Tim show at Scarborough and some really gritty performances such as at Trent Bridge where they fought to save themselves from the drop.

Posted by: Bring back the Crusaders (IP Logged)
Date: 25 March, 2020 22:57

What went wrong...................................................................................................................................................

Posted by: Bring back the Crusaders (IP Logged)
Date: 25 March, 2020 22:57

What went wrong...................................................................................................................................................

Posted by: Primrose Hillbilly (IP Logged)
Date: 26 March, 2020 13:43

It was an amazing year.

I watched the last day of the Zummerzett game courtesy of an online scoreboard, then went out for the evening, that turned out better than expected, logged back on just to see the margin of safety by which we had drawn, and then my good evening became amazing.

Simmo's dance of joy on his birthday to hit a six for the winning runs, that was such an indicator of how brilliantly things went for us.

Whatever circumstances we are now in, that team gave me so many happy memories.

Posted by: tallliman (IP Logged)
Date: 26 March, 2020 18:50

I'd forgotten that Somerset game....listened to the end of it after work and couldn't believe we'd pulled it off.

Posted by: adelaide (IP Logged)
Date: 26 March, 2020 23:11

The moment I @#$%& up my ears was when Mr Hand said that James Fuller was coming out to bat. At first I thought it was a misidentification but our Kevin never does that, does he?

That was the first "unusual" Somerset pitch, a switch to a barely prepared greentop when they realised an hour before the match that Murtagh was playing for Ireland. Odd as that was common knowledge days before. Harry Podmore did his stuff in his place though. Might have given them the idea to make "unusual" pitches at the other end of the spectrum later on.

That was before live feeds. Wouldn't it be great if someone suddenly discovered recordings of that match (and Scarborough) and made them available free online?

Adelaide

Posted by: AWembleyLad (IP Logged)
Date: 27 March, 2020 09:46

Thanks London Leprechaun - I might PM you. Literally one of the happiest days of my life. I work nearby so went all four days for varying lengths. Sadly, one of the unhappiest days of my life was when it disappeared off my Sky Hard Drive. Surprised the club never commissioned an edit but assume it's something to do with sports rights, etc. Also notice neither Surrey or Essex produced one in recent times.

And I am sure you are all familiar with this site but three years ago today we were playing against MCC in Abu Dhabi: [cowcorner.org] [under County Championship, 2017] - I should know. I was listening to the commentary in Lewisham Hospital when my wife went into labour! Action is a bit pedestrian but good to listen to Gus, Finny, etc. reminisce about the previous season.

Finally, you can listen to full commentary of our final day against Yorkies on the same site [under Requested Matches] - one way to stave off the long wait ....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net