Congratulations West Indies
Posted by: BarmierKev (IP Logged)
Date: 12 July, 2020 17:56

Well done to the W Indies coming over here in these most difficult times and beat England in the test. This result is good news for cricket as a whole.

Barmy Kev
I'm only here for the tele

Re: Congratulations West Indies
Posted by: freddie tittlemouse (IP Logged)
Date: 13 July, 2020 11:41

Until quite recently the Windies would have folded for about 60 after the opening collapse. It would be great to see them restored to being one of the top teams again.

Posted by: Seaxe_man1 (IP Logged)
Date: 16 July, 2020 08:49

Breaking news. Archer in isolation after breaking biosecure rules.

Posted by: adelaide (IP Logged)
Date: 16 July, 2020 11:22

He was testing his vision.

Date: 16 July, 2020 14:21

Bring back Joe Denly. Stupid decision whipped up by Vaughan and the other 'experts'

Date: 16 July, 2020 14:22

Quote:
adelaide
He was testing his vision.
Definitely needs testing. Took the wrong turning and went home.

Posted by: Jonathan Winsky (IP Logged)
Date: 16 July, 2020 22:31

England’s management’s reaction to Jofra Archer’s deviation from the biosecure bubble as well as the way that contact between players and those allowed into grounds at recent professional cricket and football matches in the UK has been strictly managed makes me pessimistic about the prospect of spectators being allowed into professional sporting events any time soon. However, there is hope in both sports that spectators will soon be permitted. If the government allow small numbers of crowds to be permitted at sporting events (it seems unlikely that grounds will be permitted to be filled to capacity as soon as restrictions are lifted), I imagine that the financial benefits of this would suddenly end this paranoia about players getting within close proximity of the general public. Finance sounds like it was a factor in why England’s management are angry about Archer breaching the protocols. Let’s hope there isn’t a second wave to consequently deal a big setback to hopes of spectators being allowed into sport.

Anyone reading the headlines about Archer’s actions would think that he had entered a hospital ward full of coronavirus patients without the correct PPE or permission, something which I would place below only entering Ilkley Moor bareheaded on the list of Earth’s unsafest activities (although training in the Antigua sun without wearing a hat, as Chris Lewis once did and then suffered heatstroke, must feature high on such a list).

It seems like England’s performance today was an excellent reaction to losing the first Test, although admittedly the good look to the scorecard is mainly due to the ongoing partnership between Dom Sibley and Ben Stokes. Still, it is a good achievement to see off the first new ball with the opening batsman still at the crease and with only three wickets lost.

Will I get to watch any of this Test at the weekend? I am not sure, as the NHS Trust where I work may now insist that I do not leave my office’s biosecure bubble this weekend!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net