Middlesex appoint Andrew Cornish as an advisor
Posted by: Jonathan Winsky (IP Logged)
Date: 14 September, 2020 23:00

The Daily Mail report that Middlesex have appointed ex-Somerset chief executive Andrew Cornish as an advisor. We will have to see whether or not this is a significant development.

I imagine that Grockles posters will fill us in on how Cornish’s time at Somerset went. It seems that he will be remembered there for Somerset’s financial results not being quire as good as was hoped, and also for talented players leaving and for rising player salaries. If so, hopefully his time at Middlesex will be more successful, as although I am not sure whether the salaries of our players have risen, our financial position is almost certainly not as good as we hoped it would currently be due to Covid-19 (although the 17 other counties are in the same boat), and we have seen talented players leave.

Re: Middlesex appoint Andrew Cornish as an advisor
Posted by: chunkyinargyll (IP Logged)
Date: 15 September, 2020 07:44

Cornish-

Snog, Marry Avoid.

Seems he departed under a cloud.

[www.msn.com]

Posted by: Seaxe_man1 (IP Logged)
Date: 15 September, 2020 11:24

Sounds as though he already has the Mx virus on players leaving and dodgy finance result's. So should fit in.

Posted by: Seaxe_man1 (IP Logged)
Date: 15 September, 2020 11:29

Used to work with a female at BA thirty odd years ago called Viv Cornish. Used to fancy herself as a wheelman. Unrelated I imagine but not a common name like Smith.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net