Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Hampshire Day 4
Posted by: mikeindex
Date: 14/05/2018 17:33
With hindsight it would seem that Craig's failure to hang on to what would have been a blinding catch yesterday evening was pretty decisive. What a rotten shame - though Jack's presence in the attack on the last day wouldn't have done any harm. As Hants dropped James early on and were bereft of Abbott for much of Somerset's innings I guess things more or less evened out.

An even rottener shame for Jack to get injured, during such an apparently innocuous exercise as fielding practice, just in time to rule him out of the first Test. Whoever gets picked instead will presumably then be regarded as the man in possession unless he does a Kerrigan.

While today was not the most inspiring day's cricket I have seen, I felt Somerset stuck to their guns well in dispiriting circumstances, Tom showed an appealing willingness to try alternative tactics (even if on the day none of them worked) and Eddie Byrom could develop into quite a useful leg-spinner with a bit of practice (in not bowling long-hops). This was just the kind of day when a fully-fit Jamie might have been explosive (or, alternatively, expensive).

Does anyone know why George Bartlett stopped bowling after two balls of an over? Presumably not for intimidatory tactics. Please tell me he's not injured too?

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net