Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Blast! It's Glos!
Posted by: Grizzzly
Date: 06/07/2018 22:35
Just back from the game. Decided I’d give this T20 lark another try, so forked out 55 quid to attend with Mrs Grizzzly.

Summary: Gloucester. Somerset

Bowling: Mediocre. Good (mainly)

Fielding; Awful ! Good (mainly)

Batting: Average. Superb !

Was amazed by the number of empty seats at the start, particularly in the Somerset stand. Radio traffic reports at 4 p.m. were suggesting chaos on the M5 near w-s-m in both directions, so perhaps that had something to do with it.

It was an enjoyable evening, moreso as we played excellently, especially with the bat. Superb efforts by SD and PT in particular.

As we meandered out of the ground afterwards however, it felt a bit like we had viewed a piece of transient meandering fluff, masquerading as the beautiful game of cricket.

Having also seen the basic rules of the game explained on the scoreboard video before the start, along with the never ending ‘musical’ ra ra accompaniment, I do sincerely wonder how on earth the ECB can dumb the game down even further in the pursuit of their holy grail ‘Hundred’.

Frankly, the mind boggles at what could come next....

Nice evening, good result, very well done Somerset.

But I’ll be sticking to the Championship and 50 over one day version again from now on.

Back across the pond next weekend so good luck Somerset.

If you bat like you did today and get a little wiser with the ball, we could do a lot better in thie T20 than many expect.

Grizzzly

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net