Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Somerset Rush Their Fences
Posted by: mikeindex
Date: 08/04/2019 19:11
Quote:
cricketjerry-mouse
Somehow or other Somerset must shoehorn Jack Leach in to the side at Nottingham on Thursday. Yorkshire made the mistake of going in without a spinner in the opening Trent Bridge match, and Joe Root had to bowl 23 overs as Notts totalled 408 and 329-5 dec.
Difficult decison although it will be, I would play Leach instead of Josh Davey, remembering that both Craig Overton and Tom Abell notched hattricks there in the final match in 2018.

I would abandon the seven-batsmen selection (which surely was only ever intended as a short-term early-season measure?) and bring in Jack for one of the batsmen - Eddie I guess (unless you move Eddie up to open, on the strength of two single-figure scores at 5, and drop Marcus - hmmm...)

If Jamie is fit and the wicket looks at all pacy - or indeed if it looks like nothing at all, in which case sheer pace may be the best way - I suppose Josh, despite a thoroughly sound game, has to give way anyway.

Somerset at full strength must surely have one of the strongest 2nd XIs in the business, at least in the bowling department?

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net