Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: RLODC 1 And we have KENT!!
Posted by: Grockle
Date: 19/04/2019 20:58
I'm think, like us I believe, Kent voted to continue the new version of UK Cricket from 2020 so I'm sure they have accepted that they are working to develop the 'new' format that will save our struggling game by allowing some of their best players to go to the best version of the only form of cricket that was an option to the planners when they extensively surveyed UK cricket last year and the year before (I think).

Kent must have realised (as our own management did as well it seems) that this version put on today in front of the largest crowd of this season (bet it is beaten by later games) had to operate at the sacrifice of some of their better players in order for them to experience (on the bench for most of it) the 'true' nature of successful cricket for the masses in the 21st century thousands of miles from their present live fanbase.

I bet the Somerset management were unhappy today that they could not make the same sacrifices with some of their best players so that youth players could use this mere shadow of a competition as the development exercise it is to become.

The game could have been more equal for what fans would have turned up. Somerset would have had the opportunity to show what a 50 over game is to become in the great new 'future' of cricket..

Praise the glorious ECB - they know what they are doing. Although funnily enough Mr Cornish seemed to be playing away from the hymn sheet in his BBC interview and seemed happy at the game and the crowd. Can't have it both ways sir. If you aren't going to fight for the game enjoy these last days before they are gone forever.... along with your profits. It seems this is the 'job of his dreams'. What a shame there seems no effort being made to maintain it into the next decade.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net