Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: The final 50 over Final at Lords
Posted by: sfwithers
Date: 23/05/2019 13:47
At the Millennium it should be 30+ for hitting the roof, and I reckon that Afridi would be one of the few in with a chance.

I remember press coverage of games like that. It's a pity that British football/rugby pitches are just too small for similar games. The London Olympic stadium, with its athletics track dimensions would have been/would be ideal (didn't they try to host cricket but were turned down?).

(Completely off topic: after my reference to Half Man, Half Biscuit here recently, I went to see Robert Forster of the Go-Betweens last week and I'm seeing The Chameleons tonight. The cricket link? These are performers from the time when Somerset were one-day kings in the early 1980s, and I was young, healthy, full of life, vim and vigour... and if we win on Saturday I will be again. Briefly...!

My 84-year-old dad wants to live to Somerset win the CC, and if they do, it'll probably give him a heart attack. But I doubt he'd want a better way to go. This is partly flippant/partly serious.)

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net