Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: 'The Nearly Men' Lord's Final
Posted by: Clarence Parker
Date: 29/05/2019 07:59
An excellent display by the whole team on Saturday, which I enjoyed from the comfort of my home.

MOTM was a difficult choice, and it would have been deserving for either James Hildreth or Tom Banton to have been so rewarded, but only one player can win it, so well done to Jamie Overton.

I am unclear (and will probably never know) why both Jamie and Craig Overton in their post match interviews said exactly the same thing - that it had been "a difficult few weeks for Jamie" - obviously the time coinciding with his loan deal to Northants.

I was also impressed with the interviews with both Pete Trego and Tom Abell. Pete always looks comfortable behind a microphone, no doubt in view of his experience of presenting some programmes on an obscure TV channel, which I have to confess never having tuned into. Tom was calm and dignified, and in paying tribute to our opponents said that it was always sad that one side had to lose. Somerset supporters know that feeling only too well of course, but it was pleasing to hear our captain acknowledge that to the public, without drawing too much attention to our record of being placed second so many times.

The season continues and we have much to look forward to, whether in actual attendance or via the media.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net