Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: FAKE 2020 Kent @Canterbury this week
Posted by: Farmer White
Date: 11/05/2020 14:26
I do not like too many changes at once, especially when a team is doing well. I also like rotation among pace bowlers. 2010 still burns deep. And I like people to be given a fair run when they get into the side, whoever is waiting to come/come back in. I also think we need to be at our strongest against Essex and to do some preparation for that in this match whilst remembering we need to win this match. With those criteria in mind, and having to strike a balance between them here is my starter for ten:

Eddie Byrom retains his slot after two failures because of his century in his first match and, although with Carberry presumably mending he does need a score.

We need Azhar in, with his eye in, against Essex and so he comes into this match in place of George Bartlett, who I think has had just one good innings in five matches, albeit a century. Not an easy call, especially with Bartlett having scored a century more recently than Byrom.

Kervezee should have a run in the side and stays at five. Banton waits.

Davies, in my view is a no-brainer at six.

Jamie Overton needs to come back after his rest and to be ready for Essex. Lewis Gregory should make way for him, solely on the basis of rotation. His back has been suspect in the past and a proper rest now may pay dividends later. That does weaken the middle order but we have to plan for another eight matches, not just this one.

Keep Bess in. In the long run a balanced attack is better if at all possible and he brings huge verve to the team. Some wickets and a few runs would help his cause beyond this match however.

Thoughts for Essex:

Gregory returns. Bess or Josh Davey would currently be in line to make way, although respective performances in this match could just bring Craig Overton into that equation.

Team:-
Abell
Byrom
Azhar
Hildreth
Kervezee
Davies
Bess
Overton C
Overton J
Davey
Leach

I think someone said Azhar has a slightly better Test record at three, Abell is becoming an accomplished opener and Byrom has the potential to become one. I doubt the image of him playing Wagner at Chelmsford will ever leave my memory bank, hence the top three order.

No other changes.

Nothing to disagree with there I am sure ...

Farmer

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net