Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: FAKE 2020 CC1 The Finale - Essex at home
Posted by: Grockle
Date: 16/07/2020 20:36
Essex can't stop this one. Bess and Leach carry on after the tea interval and with a little help from the speed of Jamie Overton they take out the rest of the Essex batting lineup for 145.

Jack Leach ending with 5 for 18 in 16.4 overs and Jamie blasting out 2 for 19 to unsettle the back end.

Somerset win by an innings and 13 runs in what would, if it was real, be true champion style,

As this was a 'dead rubber' in relation to the season, one would imagine that just after the end of play , Tom Abell would have been awarded the trophy and the pendant might already have been flying from the Somerset side of the Caddyshack.

But it isn't so.... we can still but dream.

Thanks for staying with this those who did.

It ended up going much longer than I expected and the result was only predicted by 'Index the Oracle' early on.

I kept expecting the machine to do the dirty on us but I suppose as performances kept coming the data kept making us favourites.

The cynics will laugh as the daftness of it. I think it was a pretty accurate 'possible' season - no one did things that were particularly surprising other than the whole team were consistent BUT at levels of ability that were not surprising.

I've said it online and I'll repeat it here. I did NOTHING to manipulate this result. There was little I could do anyway. I had to play every game but I simply took decisions about bowling changes when people got tired - the only thing I did was decide who would bowl next. EVERYTHING else came from the machine, I could have decided bowlers lengths and whether they bowled around the wicket. I tried that in the first game and it was so time consuming that I didn't do it again.

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/59/59_0_1594927438.jpg

It is what fantasy made it

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net