Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Warwickshire vs Somerset, Edgbaston BW Trophy
Posted by: AGod
Date: 16/08/2020 18:01
Well done Steve Davies and Cove (whose lbw I thought was going down the leg-side). Some very nice strokes from both men.

It was frustrating to see our leader caught down the leg-side once again. I thought he had played beautifully until that point, with some excellent back foot stroke play.

James HIldreth's dismissal was ghastly. Suffice to say that trying to pull a ball from some way outside off-stump, in poor light, and when one has been out in the middle for all of about six minutes (when has but one run to one's name) was an example of very poor decision-making. Clearly the execution didn't work, either.... but then poor execution happens .. it's poor thinking that drives me crazy.

Overall, I think a very satisfactory day from a Somerset perspective. The forecast isn't great, but if we can get even 2.5 of the scheduled six remaining sessions in, it *may* be sufficient to get the Bears beaten.

Looking at the competition, barring contrivance a result in the Yorks vs Derbys table-topping game looks most improbable. So that's good.

I suspect Northants may still fold vs Worcs, though.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net