Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: AGM on Monday
Posted by: Seaxe_man1
Date: 02/04/2019 14:32
Your last paragraph JW relates to the question I posed, the last, when I suggested that the four legends I mentioned were anonymous at all of our grounds and suggested if Barnet Copthall happens, then plaques should be placed at strategic points there.

This I am glad to say received warm support from top table.

JT and JW (Young Jack) Hearne and FJ Titmus were our three most successful bowlers and Patsy Hendren our greatest batsman. With 170 tons (117 for MX) second only to Jack Hobbs 197.

I spoke to Mike Selvey afterwards in the Tavern. He is very knowledgeable on MX history and described their absence, as well, beyond comprehension to put it politely.

Mike like Stuart Law is approachable to members. He also stated he would do some away games.

Hopefully the good mood will presage a successful playing season.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net