Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Thoughts from a newbie
Posted by: Andrew Dow
Date: 07/05/2019 12:44
Hi Stephen,

great to hear from you. Your remark about wearing smart clothing on public transport reminded me of when I worked on Camden Lock Market at weekends. For a time, I went for a heartstopper breakfast before starting to put the stall up, then tried to live more healthily for a while. Then, I gave in, yielded to temptation and went back to the caff.

"Oh, hullo," the manageress said, "haven't seen you for a while..?"

"Yeah,"I said, "I've been away."

The look she gave me told me my secret was safe with her and I had inadvertently earned greater kudos........

We are a reasonably benign bunch, and tend to gather either in the Upper Compo or Ed0 behind the bowler's arm at the Nursery End, while some shelter from the prevailing wind in the Allen.

After play, Kev takes his wallet moths for a spin to the Tavern, and we come along to spare them the daylight. On days 2 and 3 of a CC game we get quite a few of the players come in, and the Lawman tends to be there as well. As long as we don't get too anorak'ish with them, they tend to be happy to chat.

Please keep Kev away from the water jugs on the bar, as Simmo's shoes are still drying out.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net