Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Middle v Leicestershire 14-17 May 2019
Posted by: Supporting Middlesex since 1999
Date: 14/05/2019 19:30
It wasn’t the worst of days for Middlesex, although we will have to wait until Leicestershire bat before we know whether or not our first innings score has put us in a good position in the match. All but 2 two of the 10 players to come to the crease have seen off at least 32 balls and scored at least 17 runs, but no-one has got past 75.

When I heard that Tom Lace was set to play in this match, I assumed that it would mean that George Scott would join either Ollie Rayner or Nathan Sowter in being named in the squad but not playing in this match. Therefore, I felt confident that Toby Roland-Jones would play, so I selected him as my bowler in the predictions game. When I saw that TRJ wasn’t playing, I had to log onto my account at work and quickly replace him with James Harris. I was unsure whether my work computer would let me log on, as some sites are blocked, but thankfully I was able to do so. Had I been away from my computer between 10:30am and 11:00am (as I would have been had I attended all of today), then I wouldn’t have been able to change my prediction. TRJ is actually the most selected bowler in this match with 28%, and Tim Murtagh is the third-most with 16%, so at least 44% of players won’t be picking up any points for their bowler, and that is without counting anyone who selected Steven Finn or Sowter. The only bad news for me is that Sam Robson is my batsman, so I need him to score some runs in the second innings.

Selecting both Lace and Scott in our line-up certainly worked out well considering they marked their first and second Middlesex County Championship appearances respectively by both scoring a fifty.

We lost two wickets just before I left work, lost another about a second before I entered the Mound stand and another just as I got to my seat, so maybe I shouldn’t have bothered going after work, as Scott and Harris put on 45 for the seventh wicket while I was travelling. Those wickets left us 284-8, so it was uncertain whether we would make 300, while 350 felt a long way off. However, as Scott and Tom Helm assured that no more wickets fell in the day’s play, a fourth batting point is a realistic possibility. Let’s hope we don’t once again lose a wicket soon after the start tomorrow!

Scott has spoken to our YouTube page about today:

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net